I’m heading to the SMSWA annual event in Washington D.C. this week, I thought this would be a good primer (Booze Dancing’s article). “G-LO does a great job and is far more thorough on tasting notes than I am. Enjoy!
I can already hear the moans and groans when I say this (I’m looking at you Ed of The Dogs of Beer blog!), but we have fallen way behind in our whisky reviews! I know I know. Poor us. Or perhaps I should say, “Pour us another drink!”.
Over the past few weeks, we received two packages of whisky samples (five from their October Outturn and five from their Holiday Outturn) from the Scotch Malt Whisky Society of America which Limpd and I have divided equally. Here are the five that I picked, three of which I will review in this post:
- Cask No. 25.63 aka “Poire et poivre”.
- Cask No. 26.84 aka “Moorland after rain”.
- Cask No. 33.113 aka “Sweet, peaceful dreams”.
- Cask No. 85.23 aka “Burnt granary toast with bramble jelly”.
- Cask No. 128.3 aka “Chestnut puree and new hiking boots”.
Let’s get down to business…
View original post 649 more words